Located in Portsmouth’s historic North End, The Hill, once a prominent Italian neighborhood, is comprised of 12 buildings saved during the Vaughnan Street Urban Renewal Project (1968-1970). Only four buildings remain on their original foundation, one being the Nutter-Rymes House, while the rest were re-located here.
Built in 1809 by local joiner and carpenter James Nutter with Christopher Rymes, a local merchant and land speculator, the house is comprised of two separate buildings, which mirror each other, and are joined together by a carriageway.
Founded in 2017, the idea behind Nibblesworth is to take classic recipes and rejuvenate them for today’s palate. Once prominent recipes are getting lost in the shuffle of daily life.